We are delighted to have been awarded second place in the 4th annual America's Finest Optical Retailers competition by INVISION MAG! The article reveals how modern optical businesses are distinguishing themselves, highlighting unique office environments and creative marketing. Honored to be in such great company, we feel blessed to be recognized for putting our creative spin on the classic optical boutique.
"5 Cool Things About Atelier Mira
1. NAME DROPPING. Atelier Mira carries only independent brands, preferring to know the designs, craftspeople and stories behind the frames they sell.
2. ORIGIN STORY. The store’s unique moniker was conceived by the Valentins while enjoying Mirabelle, a traditional spirit drink from France made of small plums. The couple combined “mira,” meaning “look” in Spanish, with “atelier,” a French word meaning “workshop.”
3. LOCATION, LOCATION. The shop’s space, in hip Williamsburg, draws a surprising number of tourists, says manager Rae, adding that they are excited to discover the store’s unique wares and are inspired by the shops and restaurants that inhabit the area.
4. THRILL OF THE HUNT. Early adopting trend-hunters often seek out the shop as well, as they are the only store in the United States to carry many of their lines.
5. ON DISPLAY. You won’t find any frame boards at Atelier Mira; most of the shop’s stock is tucked away in custom-made drawers and specific samples are brought out after a consultation between client and stylist."
Congratulations to the other finalists, and thank you again to INVISION MAG for bringing our industry together by sharing the stories of success and tribulation in our industry.